[SI-LIST] Re: Use of Tenting Phenomena during Solder Masking

  • From: Sandor Daranyi <Daranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mpillai@xxxxxxxxxxx, AdeelM@xxxxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 08:20:34 +1100

Manu Pillai [mailto:mpillai@xxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:

> Basically, if you "tent" your vias, they are covered with
> solder mask. If
> not ("overide"), they are exposed.
> I suppose there could be benefits to tenting a
> via. I haven't
> seen them yet.
>
> Manu

Hi Manu,

Yes, there is a benefit.  It is important that you tent or plug vias if you
are using a vacuum fixture for testing otherwise you have air leakage
spoiling your vacuum.  Wave soldering may plug vias with solder, but that's
not always the soldering method used.

Regards,

Sandor

Sandor Daranyi
Senior Design Engineer
Aristocrat Technologies Australia
Electronic Engineering Department
Level 2, 55 Mentmore Ave Rosebery NSW 2018

----------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
----------------------
This email is intended only to be read or used by the addressee.
The information contained in this e-mail message may be confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference
with, distribution, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised
and prohibited. Confidentiality attached to this communication is not waived
or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery to you.

If you have received this message in error, please delete it and notify us
by return e-mail or telephone Aristocrat Technologies Australia Pty Limited
on +61 2 9413 6300.

List archives are viewable at: