[SI-LIST] Re: Undershoot issues

  • From: Jory McKinley <jory_mckinley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vani.chandrasekharan@xxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 22:08:14 -0700 (PDT)

Undershoot may not be a problem in your case(s) depending on the amplitude and
duration.  Do you have the input specs for the devices affected?  Most
technologies have a 300mV rating or so DC level above and below the supply and
some have an AC level spec which allows for more of an overshoot/undershoot but
only for some period of time. If you have a real problem look to better match
the trace terminations with your trace impedance and/or if budget allows slow
down the drivers somewhat.  You should be able to do this in simulation since
it appears you have reasonable lab correlation.
-Jory