[SI-LIST] Re: U and E

  • From: "Greim, Michael" <mgreim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'shabbir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <shabbir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 17:17:02 -0400

Hi Shabbir

A high frequency signal is a signal that has
a high frequency content.  This will be driven
by the rise time of the signal.  A high speed
signal I would define as a fast toggle rate.
As we know from our si list and books rise time
is what effects your signal integrity.  As new
technology with faster edge rates replace older
slower technology due to end of lifing, etc,it
is not uncommon to have SI issues surface because
you have a low speed signal with a high frequency
content.

I hope that this helps.

Just my 0.02

MG