[SI-LIST] Re: Typical Package Via Dimensions.

  • From: Jason Miller <jason.miller@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: surita.chandani@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 22:46:36 -0400

Hi Surita,
Not sure what you are after exactly since you didn't specify the type of
package, e.g. organic, ceramic, etc. or the type of vias, e.g. buildup, core
vias.  In any case, here are typical dimensions I've encountered in an organic
package:

buildup vias: pad radius 50 um, barrel radius 25 um, 30 um layer to layer
core vias: pad radius 150 um, barrel radius 75 um, length ~600 um

Hope that helps.

Jason Miller
Oracle

On 6/28/2012 5:53 PM, Surita Chandani wrote:
> Hello SI experts;
>
> I am putting together a generic simulation to study Package PDN and
> decoupling. I would appreciate some input about what typical Via diameters
> are on a Package. Thanks.
>

> Surita.

> List forum  is accessible at:
>
> List archives are viewable at: