[SI-LIST] Re: Transmission line impedance is related to signal switching frequency ?

  • From: "Doug Hopperstad" <doug.hopperstad@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pangning2000@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:05:15 -0600

Hi Peter,
The quick answer is that the dielectric constant will change slightly
with higher frequencies. What type of board material are you using in
the design? You can contact (or look on the web) for the board material
vendor specifications for the Dielectric constant versus frequency.=20

Hope this helps.

Douglas Hopperstad
QLogic Corporation - Switch Products Group
Staff/Signal Integrity Engineer
(voice) 952-932-4007
(cell) 612-203-3822
(fax) 952-932-4037