[SI-LIST] Translating a Differential IBIS buffer to XTK format

  • From: "Timothy Coyle" <Timothy.Coyle@xxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:27:55 -0400

Hi,
I am running into a problem when I try to translate a LVDS IBIS buffer to
XTK using IBIS2XTK.  The issue is that each time I run the program, it
always defaults to using
the Ramp data, and not the V-T data in the conversion.  I get a warning
message in the log file that says, "Required waveform(s) not found, using
Ramp"
So I asked Innoveda (now Mentor) support for help. They pointed me to the
IBIS2XTK manual, where it states that for an output model V_fixture has to
be
within .7V of the rail voltage. Since this is LVDS, I am using V_fixture
of 1.25V.  If I change V_fixture to 3.3 V (the supply voltage), then the
V-T data is used.
The V_fixture requirement does not apply to open-ended models. I asked
support if they knew of this issue, and have not heard anything since. Has
anyone
encountered this problem? Perhaps I am doing something wrong? If not, does
anyone know of a possible work-around?

Thanks,

Tim

List archives are viewable at: