[SI-LIST] Re: Trace Bends

  • From: Wojciech_Babij@xxxxxxxx
  • To: leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 11:18:22 -0400

Here it is:

http://www.ultracad.com/articles.htm

Wojciech Babij
Senior International Approvals Engineer
NMS Communications
100 Crossing Blvd
Framingham, MA 01702

                      Ritchey Lee

                      <leeritchey@earth        To:
ched_chang@xxxxxxxxxxx, Doug Brooks <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
                      link.net>                cc:       si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [SI-LIST] Re: Trace
Bends
                      si-list-bounce@fr

                      eelists.org

                      04/29/02 11:01 AM

                      Please respond to

                      leeritchey

Ched-Chang,

The answer to your first three questions is no.  There are a number of
articles that test this.  One of the best was done by Doug Brooks of
Ultracad.  I've copied him on this in the hope he has an electronic copy
that
he can send you.

Lee

Ched-Chang Chai wrote:

> Dear all,
> I have read some articles about trace bend on printed circuit board and I
> have basic idea about the effect of trace bends. I would like to know
more
> about this topic. Hope someone can help.
> (1) Will the trace bend gives significant electromagnetic radiation?
> (2) How significant is the impedance discontinuity at the bends in actual
> PCB design?
> (3) How the sharp bends (90 degree or 45 degree) affect the skin effect?
> (4) Is there any good article, paper or book about this subject?
> Thank you very much in advance.
> --
> Rgds,
> Chai