[SI-LIST] Re: Timing analysis

  • From: pratap simha <pratapasimha@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Hermann Ruckerbauer <hermann.ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 17:26:52 +0530

Thank you everyone, also thank you istvan nagy for sharing the template.
I've created an excel template for verifying timing margins , setup and hold
for ethernet MAC RGMII interface,( Source Synchronous)
where data TD[0:3] is presented at both rising and falling edges of the
clock 125mHz. here is the link for the timing diagram.
Please correct me if i'm wrong!

Tsu (margin) = clock_period /2 - Hyperlynx_max_data_delay - T su(min) + clk
to i/p device delay

T h (margin) = clock_period /2 - T hold + Hyperlynx_min_data_delay -  clk to
i/p device delay

clk to i/p device delay is gives us pcb trace delay
0.17 " per ns x length of clock trace.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AeZ_ASQzzVXnZGY4cHYyeHhfNGNxODZjbmd6&hl=en

also,
skew1: Data to o/p skew at driver : -500(min) 0 (typ) & 500(max)
skew2: Data to i/p skew at reciever: 1.0 (min) & 2.8 (max)

Thanks and Regards
pratap

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AeZ_ASQzzVXnZGY4cHYyeHhfMGcyZGZyMmY5&hl=en

List technical documents are available at: