[SI-LIST] Re: Timing Analysis using Blast-need help- urgent

  • From: "Silvano Bettinzana" <bettinzana@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sivakumar_skm@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 10:58:47 +0100

Hi Siva,

read the following instructions:

**
TITLE:      Starting BLAST the first time without using SA

Purpose:   This app note will show a simple startup script that
                 can be used  when the user is starting BLAST for
                  the first time on a design.

Sources of reference material in the documentation:
1. BLAST System Reference Manual page 14-60

file  names in place of "exclock" and "top".  Execute the following commands
to start up and read this batch file.  This will load the design and create
a .stm file.  Once you have created the .stm file for your design, start
blast with a simple command of (blast exclock).

blast exclock -no_sa
File > Batch File start.cmd
File > Save

# create the design name "exclock"
design create exclock
# define the root module of the design
# use design name for flattened designs.
sv /project/root_design exclock
# define block within the design "top"
block new exclock top
# define root block of the design "top"
sv -design exclock /design/root_block top
# define netlist for block
sv -block exclock top /file/net exclock.pin
# define model file for block
sv -block exclock top /file/mod exclock.mod
# use no hierarchial delimiters for flattened design
sv /project/hdelim ""
# define clock reference file
sv /file/ref exclock.ref

**

To generate *.lib you can hand-write it or use tools like FORTE's Timing
Designer.
Sorry, nothing to say about Padsx.

If you have some problems, feel free to contact me.

Silvano Bettinzana