[SI-LIST] Re: Time_to_VM on a clock forwarded interface?

  • From: "Beal, Weston" <Weston_Beal@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Todd DeRego" <tderego@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 09:52:57 -0800

Todd,

You are correct that you should calculate the timing based on flight
time compensated numbers, or in other words, use the time-to-vmeas. This
is the only way that you can correlate your simulation result times with
the timing numbers supplied by the IC vendors. I wrote a short
application note about this some years ago. You can access it at
http://supportnet.mentor.com/reference/appnotes/library/3906.pdf
The application note talks about doing these calculations in ICX, but
the principle is the same for any simulator. If you have further
questions after reading the note referenced, feel free to contact me
directly.

Regards,
Weston