[SI-LIST] Theory v. practice, following Re: DesignCon quote

  • From: "Richard Feldman" <rfeldman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 13:41:59 -0800

It's rare and refreshing to see an online quotation
with its attribution retained or restored!
Wikiquote (thanks to hint from Pat Zabinski) just helped me
to link an author to this old favorite:

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.=20
But, in practice, there is."

From Wikiquote
Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut (1953-1994), computer scientist and educator
This has also been attributed to Yogi Berra.

-Rich

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org