[SI-LIST] The PLL simulations

  • From: "chen, jinhua" <chen_jinhua@xxxxxxx>
  • To: SI LIST <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 13:14:27 -0400

Hi, SIer's

I had a problem with PLL circuit recently. The PLL circuit was
part of Gigabit SerDes device. When the device was tested in the low
temperature, the SerDes got a lots of bit-errors. We figured
out that the low frequency power noise got into the circuit and
the PLL could not lock the clock. Then it caused the high bit-error
rates.

I want to simulate this problem with different temperature, different
supply voltage levels and different noise levels with different=20
frequencies. Theoretically, the HSPICE should be able to do it.=20
I never simulated the PLL before. Anybody can shed some light on
this issue? If the SPICE is not a good tool to do it, any other
tools available to make such simulations?

Thanks!

Jinhua Chen
Consulting Design Engineer
171 South St.