[SI-LIST] Re: TDR in HSPICE from S parameter Touchstone File -- Help Pls.

  • From: Mani Ganesan <signal.integrity2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Stephen Zinck <szinck1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 18:19:20 -0700

Hi Stephen
I dont think there is a short in the model. Because this touchstone was
imported in PLTS and I got a good TDR plot. But now I am trying in HSPICE.

Also I am attaching here is a measured S-parameter touchstone and not a
simulated touchstone.

I am also attaching the PLTS TDR plot.

This is the netlist I have written.

** TDR of the HFSS Simulated Model **
.OPTION post probe runlvl=5
.TRAN 0.001n 20n
.PARAM zref=50.0 vlo=0.0 vhi=1.0 td=1n rt=0.05n ft=0.05n pw=20n per=50n
Psource dut_inp dut_inn 0 zo=50.0 port=1 pulse(vlo vhi td rt ft pw per)
.MODEL s_model S TSTONEFILE=Measured_Touchstone.s4p'
+ fbase=5e7 fmax=20e9
S1 inp inn outp outn 0 MNAME=s_model zo=50.0
Tp dut_inp 0 inp 0 z0=50.0 td=1n
Tn dut_inn 0 inn 0 z0=50.0 td=1n
Pterm outp outn 0 port=2
*
*
*
Pref refinp refinn 0 Z0=zref port=3 pulse(vlo vhi td rt ft pw per)
Prefterm refoutp refoutn 0 Z0=zref port=4
*
*
*
.probe tran Vincident = par('V(refinp)-V(refinn)')
.probe tran Vmeasured = par('V(dut_inp)-V(dut_inn)')
.probe tran Vreflected=par('Vmeasured-Vincident')
.probe tran
TDRz=par('2*zref*((Vincident+Vreflected)/(Vincident-Vreflected))')
.probe tran Vstraight = par('V(outp)-V(outn)')

.end

PLTS measured TDR plot is the blue colored plot in the attached image.

Can anyone please help me in this regard.

Thank You
Mani

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net