[SI-LIST] Re: TDR in HSPICE from S parameter Touchstone File

  • From: Thomas Beneken <thomas.beneken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 12:11:19 +0200

If you mistrust HSPICE in working on your touchstone file correctly, I
can offer you to calculate a 4-port SPICE subcircuit consisting of a
mesh of frequency dependent / voltage controlled current sources for
you. You can verify the s-parameters by ac analysis before doing tdr
analysis. Works with any flavour of SPICE.
Please send me your touchstone file by private email because si-list
does not allow attachments.

Regards
Thomas
> Please let me know where I am going wrong.
>
> .opt post probe runlvl=5
> .tran 0.005n 8n
> S1 inp inn outp outn 0 mname=s_model
> .model s_model S N=4 TSTONEFILE="touchstone_name.s4p"
> + fbase7
> + fmax e9
>
> .param vinput = 1.0
> .param zref = 50.0
>
> P1 inp_ inn_ 0 zo=zref port=1 pulse(0v vinput 1ns 0.01ns 0.01ns)
>
> TdrP inp_ 0 inp 0 Zo=zref td=1n
> TdrN inn_ 0 inn 0 Zo=zref td=1n
>
> P2 outp outn 0 zo=zref port=2
>
> Pref refp refn 0 zo=zref port=3 pulse(0v vinput 1ns 0.01ns 0.01ns)
> PrefT refp refn 0 zo=zref port=4
>
> .probe tran V(inp) V(inn) V(outp) V(outn)
> .probe tran vincident = par('v(refp)-v(refn)')
> .probe tran vdiff = par('v(inp_)-v(inn_)')
> .probe tran vreflect = par('vdiff-vincident')
> .probe tran TDRdiff = par('2*zref*(vincident + vreflect)/(vincident -
> vreflect)')
>
> .end
>
> Thank You
> Mani