[SI-LIST] Re: TDR equipments -- comments or reviews

  • From: Joseph.Schachner@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Dan <signal.integrity2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 12:27:57 -0400

Since you're looking for TDR equipment in order to extract S parameters, I
suggest you consider a device that has been optimized for that purpose.
The one I have in mind is LeCroy's SPARq. I don't want to advertise here,
so if interested - I think you should be -  go look at LeCroy's web site.

--- Joe S.

  From:       Dan <signal.integrity2@xxxxxxxxx>

  To:         si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Date:       11/02/2010 06:16 PM

  Subject:    [SI-LIST] TDR equipments -- comments or reviews

  Sent by:    si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,
I am planning to buy TDR equipments. I have shortlisted two equipments, one
from Agilent and anther Tektronix, along with the mainframe. Can anybody
let
me know your comments or reviews about these equipment and your advice or
idea to buy this?

I am also planning to do s-parameter extraction from the TDR measurement.
So
i need to TDT also. So i am adding a samping module.

Agilent:
mainframe: 86100C (option202 for extarcting s-parameter touchstone)
TDR: 54754A (can anyone tell me the achievable rise time or frequency in
this module)
Sampling module: 86112A

Tektronix:
mainframe: DSA8200 (80SSPAR Iconnect for s-parameter extraction)
TDR: 80E04 (can anyone tell me the achievable rise time or frequency in
this
module)
Sampling module for TDT: 80E03

Is TEK better than Agilent. Is TEK's Iconnect outperforms Agilent's option
202 in the mainframe to extract s-parameter touchstone?

Thank You for your time.

DAN

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net