[SI-LIST] Re: TDR Resolution

  • From: "Moeller, Merrick" <mmoeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Scott McMorrow" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:17:51 -0600

Scott,
    In this case lets assume that the retention feature is surrounded on
either side
by uniform impedance section. Although these sections have more length
than the
retention feature itself they are less than 1mm, and the retention
feature itself
is less than .3mm. Would it be feasible to run the simulation to a
bandwidth that
would allow for that kind of resolution? 150GHz? More? Also assume
meshing
is sufficient. Would Max frequency of the structure permit such a high
frequency limit?
Would frequency cutoff limit simulation?

Merrick