[SI-LIST] Re: TDR Recommendations

  • From: "Dima Smolyansky" <Dima.Smolyansky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ray.haynes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "SI List" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 12:44:41 -0800

Ray,

If you are trying to TDR traces which jump between layers and change
impedance, you will run into the issue known as multiple reflections. If you
would like to learn more, check out the appnote "TDR Primer," or "PCB
Interconnect Characterization from TDR Measurements" on our web site,
www.tdasystems.com/support

You will also find a number of other appnotes there related to SI analysis
of gigabit links using TDR and VNA.

Thanks,

Dima Smolyansky
TDA Systems, Inc.