[SI-LIST] Switch On & Switch Off Clicks due to Amplifier noise

  • From: "Adeel Malik" <adeelmk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:37:56 +0500

Hi All,
            In my application I am using a Stereo quality Audio
Amplifier (TDA 7057A - Philips) for Sound Playback. I have kept the
analog supply of amplifier isolated from the rest of the system along
with the addition of high frequency by-pass capacitors as specified by
the vendor. When I switch on the sound, a noticeable ?click? is heard
before the playing of the message. The same ?click? is also heard after
the sound playback.

I suspect that this may be due to some amplifier phenomenon.  Have
someone experienced this issue before while designing with audio
amplifiers.?. If yes, then how to resolve it ?.

Thanks and Regards,
Adeel Malik

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: