[SI-LIST] Re: SwItChING FREQUENCY IN SPECCTRA QUEST

  • From: Bill Wurst <billw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 09:10:19 -0400

Hi Race,

For starters, I would do a frequency sweep of just the bead model in
SPICE to plot Zbead vs. frequency.  If the plot comes reasonably close
to that published in the manufacturer's datasheet (i.e., same shape and
roughly the same corner frequency (or frequencies if there is a higher
frequency corner in addtion to the first corner), then I would conclude
that something else is causing the resultant waveforms to exhibit
non-monotonic behavior.  Without knowing much else about the circuit,
it's difficult to say what, but it has often been said that engineering
is like peeling an onion:  after you remove the first layer, that
exposes another layer, which in turn exposes another layer, and so on.

Best wishes as you troubleshoot your circuit.

    -Bill

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org