[SI-LIST] Re: Stripline Characteristic Impedance

  • From: Martyn Gaudion <martyn.gaudion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ched-Chang Chai" <ched_chang@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 15:15:48 +0000

Dear Chai,

I agree with Dr. De Smedt. You may find these
application notes also explain how to take into
account copper thickness.  Also the arithmetic
gets a little more interesting when you take
into account etch taper and differential impedance.

www.polarinstruments.com/support/cits/AP160.html

www.polarinstruments.com/support/cits/AP161.html

The notes are written around the Polar Si6000, however
the information holds true for any field solver or calculator
that takes copper thickness into account.

Kind regards
Martyn Gaudion
Polar Instruments
www.polarinstruments.com