[SI-LIST] Re: Straw poll and call for comments: Crowdsource IBIS model directory by use of a wiki such as wikipedia?

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: colin_warwick@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 18:09:09 -0700

My view on the usefulness of such a directory all depends on how well
the directory would be maintained / policed and whether the directory
would include information that would indicate the model's likely
usefulness.  There are a lot of IBIS ( HSPICE models as well for that
matter ), that aren't particularly useful.  Many have not been verified
in any way.  Some of them do not even parse.

Anyway, if this is going to be undertaken, I would really like to see
something similar to the way that the FPGA vendors list IP cores.

Target Model Manufacturer
Target Model Part Number
Free or pay model
Model basis:  Raw original model, SPICE derived model, Measurement based
model
IBIS version
Passed parser or not w/ parser version
Model verified or not