[SI-LIST] Re: Steve Weir

  • From: Scott McMorrow <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Cheng, Chris" <chris.cheng@xxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 20:03:01 -0400

Chris
I spoke with Tim once again a few days ago. Steve's wife, Janice, has
decided to not have a service. This has been pretty devistating to her.
Thus far, there are no details regarding what exactly happened, except that
it was sudden, and every effort was made to resussitate Steve.

Tim indicated that if others wanted to have a memorial gathering for Steve,
that he would be willing to help facilitate something. What I think make
sense is to have some sort of celebration of life, rememberance gathering
for Steve at DesignCon. I know that UBM is going to plan something, and I
for one will be having a Scotch (as Steve and I oft did) in the Hyatt lobby
lounge, while I am there.

This has been a great loss for his family, and for all of us.

Scott

Scott McMorrow
Consultant - R&D
Teraspeed Consulting - A Division of Samtec
16 Stormy Brook Rd
Falmouth, ME 04105
(401) 284-1827 Business
http://www.teraspeed.com

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 7:55 PM, Cheng, Chris <chris.cheng@xxxxxx> wrote:

Scott,

Any more updates ? If the family does not want details to be out, I
understand. Is there any memorial service planned ?

Regards,

Chris Cheng

Distinguished Technologist , Electrical

Hewlett-Packard Company