[SI-LIST] Re: Startup time of SAW Resonators

  • From: Himanshu Arora <ha324005@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: igheorma@xxxxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 11:34:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Ioan Gheorma,

Thanks for the detailed and clear explaination. I am
working on your inputs.

I ended up seeing the paper "General Oscillator
Characterization Using linear OPen-Loop S-PArameters"
by Mitch RAndall and Terry Hock in IEEE Transcations
on Microwave Th. and Techniques of 2001.

The authors have come up with an expression for 90%
rise time which also includes the gain term of the
amplifier...higher the gain lesser is the startup time
of oscillator....and direct relationship with the Q of
the resonator.

Sincerely

Himanshu Arora

List archives are viewable at: