[SI-LIST] Re: Splitting this power plane - And GND planes count

  • From: Alan Hilton-Nickel <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 20:09:57 -0800

steve weir wrote:

>1) Why three big power planes if they do not form cavities with logic
>ground?  If this is a DC problem then apply a DC solution.

And from the DC perspective, if 3 planes are needed on the supply side
to provide sufficient current, then three ground planes would also be
needed to complete the circuit.

Nasty stackup indeed.

Ivor, you need two more layers. May I suggest (depending on your signals
of course):

1. Component/signal
2. Ground
3. Power