[SI-LIST] Split GND Plane on PKG

  • From: jbtera77@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 14:29:26 +0900

Hi, all
As i know, most PKG designers split their ground plane in PKG. It is
usually for seperation of digital with analog. However, i think, even if we
split GND on PKG, once the package is connected to board by BGA or
wirebonding, the effect of split-GND on PKG will not be appear. Instead, the
board design is much more dominate than pkg p/g design.
So, in my opinion, we don't have to split its ground plane on PKG because it
doesn't affect to overall p/g design including board (maybe a little) and
splitting the ground plane may cause the signal integrity problem.

Could you please let me know the reason designers split the ground plane in
package.

rgs,
Jongbae.

--
StudentTerahertz Interconnection & Package Laboratory,Department of

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org

List archives are viewable at: