[SI-LIST] Re: Spice recommendation

  • From: "David Banas" <david.banas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rsefton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[SI-LIST]" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 07:08:57 -0700

I've been using PSpice since the OrCAD days and have always found it
easy to use. I use HSpice at work these days, for its advanced features
and performance, but still keep PSpice running at home, for when I'm
"fiddling".

I've used the Intusoft product also, but it's been over 10 years now;
I'm sure it's changed quite a bit. I recall that it was also easy to
use. Both products allow you to go straight from schematic entry to
waveform viewing without having to generate any of the textual Spice
deck by hand or launch the Spice simulation explicitly. You simply draw
the schematic as you would if you were doing a board (being careful to
take parts from libraries that the Spice simulator "understands", of
course), place some probes on the nets you're interested in, invoke a
simulation configuration dialog box, and click the "Go" button. In
PSpice you're then presented with one of two windows:
- a graphical waveform viewer if the simulation went ok, or
- a textual listing of the Spice run if there were errors you need to
fix.

And I seem to recall that the Intusoft product worked in much the same
way.

I hope that helps,
-db