[SI-LIST] Specifying Clock to Out delay in IBIS Files

  • From: "Abhijit Mahajan" <amahajan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 11:19:56 -0800

Hi Folks,

I have a few questions,

1. I am aware that IBIS spec provides for Vref, Rref, Cref and Vmeas
parameters to aid in specifying propogation delay/output switiching time
of  models.  However I am unable to determine where such information is
specified in a model, i.e., which section and what keyword.  I would
assume there must be some keyword associated with Clock-to-out delay and
so on.

2. If such information can indeed be specified what is the use of this
info without Tsu,Th and other timing parameters?

3. I believe that delays such as clock-to-out etc. have little
significance in waveform based simulation (how the received waveform
looks?) and are more important for things like closed loop timing and
timing budget calculation.  Am I correct?

Thanks.

Abhijit.

List archives are viewable at: