[SI-LIST] Re: S-params vs. TDR/TDT results

  • From: "Yuriy Shlepnev" <shlepnev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <steven.d.corey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 15:50:17 -0700

Hi Steven,

Just a brief summary of S-parameters properties for a lossless
(non-dissipative) 2-port system:
|S11|=|S22|,  |S12|=|S21|, phase(S11)+phase(S22)=phase(S21)+phase(S12)+-PI
If a non-dissipative 2-port is also reciprocal then phase(S21)=phase(S12),
that additionally reduces the number of independent real variables to just
3.
Similar set of restrictions can be derived for a non-dissipative and
reciprocal N-port.

Best regards,
Yuriy

Yuriy Shlepnev