[SI-LIST] Re: S-parameter passivity... Interpreting the results.

  • From: travis ellis <travissellis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Hill, John" <jhill@xxxxxxxxxx>, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 09:19:29 -0700 (PDT)

I'm using the 8052D broadband economy calibration kit. I've performed a  full
2port SOLT calibration calibrating out the cabling. All of which  use 3.5mm
connectors. Then I attach port 2 to a 3.5mm - GPPO connector  that attaches to
a 0.085 gppo terminated cable on one end. The other  end of the cable (DUT) has
a coaxial probe. Port 1 is attached to an  sma to gpo connector that is mounted
in a brass block and ground  smooth. This provides a coaxial structure that I
make contact to with  the coaxial probe that is on the other end of the dut.

  Travis
"Hill, John" <jhill@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Travis,

Which Calibration kit are you using and can you describe what is between
the calibration plane and the thing you are trying to model? BTW, what
RF connector are you using?

Best regards,

John

---------------------------------------
The  information in this email and attachments hereto may contain legally
privileged, proprietary or confidential information that is intended  for a
particular recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s),  or the
employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to  the intended
recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure,  copying,
distribution, retention or use of the contents of this e-mail  information is
prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to Takata  customers or vendors,
any information contained in this e-mail is  subject to the terms and
conditions in the governing contract, if  applicable. If you have received this
communication in error, please  immediately notify us by return e-mail,
permanently delete any  electronic copies of this communication and destroy any
paper copies.