[SI-LIST] Re: S-parameter passivity... Interpreting the results.

  • From: "Mike Monett" <vya-4l0j@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 15:22:25 -0400

<xileil@xxxxxxxxxxx>,<dgun@xxxxxxxxxx>,<travissellis@xxxxxxxxx>,<si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  > Subject: [SI-LIST] Re: S-parameter passivity... Interpreting the
results.
  > Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:53:06 -0400

  [...]

  > To see  an application where the Q of a resonator  was effectively
  > increased see  my  patent 5,486,793 issues on January  23,  1996 -
  > Balanced RF Oscillator and Transmitter.

  > John

  Hello John,

  Thanks for  posting this information. I downloaded  your  patent and
  searched for "Q". It looks like a regular push-pull Colpitts,  but I
  couldn't find any reference to "Q", or ways of increasing it.

  Could you  let  me know where this information  is  located  in your
  patent?

  Regards,

  Mike Monett

  Antiviral Antibacterial Silver Solution:
  http://silversol.freewebpage.org/index.htm
  SPICE Analysis of Crystal Oscillators:
  http://silversol.freewebpage.org/spice/xtal/clapp.htm
  Noise-Rejecting Wideband Sampler: