[SI-LIST] Re: S-parameter for differential signals in Hspice

  • From: "Mirmak, Michael" <michael.mirmak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <whizplayer@xxxxxxxxx>, "si_list" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:35:10 -0800

Bob,

A computationally-intensive, but effective, approach is to calculate the
differential (mixed-mode) S-parameters such as SDD12, SDD11, etc. using the
appropriate single-ended S-parameters and a spreadsheet or mathematics software
suite.  For example,  if you were interested in SDD12 (differential insertion
loss assuming a differential stimulus), you could use your existing SPICE deck
to obtain the complex values of S12, S14, S32 and S34 separately and then apply
the appropriate conversion equation:

    SDD12 = 0.5*(S12-S14-S32-S34)

The standard equations are available through a variety of sources.

I hope this helps!

- Michael Mirmak, Intel Corp.