[SI-LIST] Re: Skin effect and Inductance

  • From: Scott McMorrow <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dudi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 09:28:38 -0400

Start at wikipedia and then read the books in the reference.  Skin depth is
discussed in all Electromagnetics text books.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skin_effect

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 9:03 AM, Dudi Tash <dudi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I'm looking for some elaborate material regarding the reason for the skin
> effect.
>
> I know all about the losses and the actual outcome, but I'd like to
> explore more about the physical reasons for the creation of the skin
> effect. My main interest is in skin effect in PCB traces.
>
> In one of the courses of one of the Guru's I was told that the skin effect
> appears due to the fact that the Inductance in the middle of the
> transmission lines are greater than the inductance on its periphery, and
> the AC signals look for lower loop inductances.
>

> 1.       Can you approve this?
>

> 2.       Are there any other links, material that you can send?
>

> 3.       Explanations are most welcomed as well.
>
> Thanks
>
> Best Regards,
> Dgtronix Ltd. I Founder & CEO I Dudi Tash
> eFax: +972-3-7256490 I Mobile: +972-54-6345629 I Office: +972-9-9660967
> www.dgtronix-tech.com<http://www.dgtronix-tech.com/>
>
> [cid:image001.jpg@01CDA62F.31543B90]<http://www.dgtronix-tech.com/>
> [cid:image002.jpg@01CDA62F.31543B90]
>
> [cid:image003.jpg@01CDA62F.31543B90]
>

> *This email contains confidential and proprietary information of Dgtronix
> Ltd.*

> List forum  is accessible at:
>
> List archives are viewable at:

Scott McMorrow
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
121 North River Drive
Narragansett, RI 02882
(401) 284-1827 Business
(401) 284-1840 Fax

http://www.teraspeed.com

Teraspeed® is the registered service mark of
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: