[SI-LIST] Re: Skin depth,copper,gold

  • From: "Loyer, Jeff" <jeff.loyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jonathan Riley <jonathan.lloyd.riley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 00:06:03 +0000

It doesn't matter, unless you choose to plate the entire trace with ENIG.  That
should never be done for a high speed design.
ENIG can be used for 10Gbps and upward as long as you don't make the mistake of
plating the entire microstrip trace.  That's assuming you are using microstrip
for your high speed traces.

Jeff Loyer