[SI-LIST] Skin Effect on Power/ground Plane

  • From: jbtera77@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 10:28:29 +0900

Hi, all
Assuming there is a significant high frequency power/ground noise inside a
power/ground plane pair, which size is infinite, (Plane is thick enough)
when we probe (for measurement) the power/ground noise at the inner side
of power/ground plane, we can observe the power/gound noise waveform
generated inside the plane pair.
How do you think if we probe the power/ground noise at the outer side of
power/ground plane? Can we still get the same waveform? or we cannot oberve
any voltage because of skin effect?
I think we can have almost same waveform because, even if there is no any
current at the outer side of power/ground plane due to skin effect, the
noise potential is still effective at the outer side of planes. am i wrong?

Please give me your advice.

Thanks in advance,
Jongbae.

List technical documents are available at: