[SI-LIST] Re: Skin Effect, Au, and Cu

  • From: <Aubrey_Sparkman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <richard.moffat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 14:33:01 -0600

Soldermask changes the impedance (especially tightly coupled diff pair)
for lower frequencies too, just not as significant at low impedance
single ended traces.

It's less of a series (skin effect) phenomena; did you remember to
consider the impact of dielectric constant on impedance....

Aubrey Sparkman=20
Enterprise Engineering Signal Integrity Team
Dell, Inc.=20
Aubrey_Sparkman@xxxxxxxx=20
(512) 723-3592