[SI-LIST] Re: Single Point Grounding - Not Achievable at High Frequencies (greater than a few MHz)

  • From: Bill Owsley <wdowsley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "doug@xxxxxxxxxx" <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>, Si-List <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, emc-pstc <emc-pstc@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 20:02:14 -0700 (PDT)

Dr. Tom Van Doren demonstrates that single point grounding is not possible
above the audio frequencies.
Thus the lower cutoff in the "regulations" of 9 kHz.  And that is really old
school...

>________________________________

    office in Boulder City, NV! Here it is:

>Technical Tidbit - April 2012

Single Point Grounding - Not Achievable at High Frequencies (greater than a few
MHz)

>The link to the article is: http://emcesd.com/tt2012/tt041012.htm
>
>My new office in Boulder City, NV is officially open!!! Still more
    work to do on the house move so the next few weeks will be very busy
    and the May Technical Tidbit may be a little late as well. Once the move is
complete, I expect to do morning 5 to 10 minute podcasts on technical topics
every morning I am in the office. These podcasts will appear on the home page
of http://CircuitAdvisor.com by late morning each day except for days when I am
not in the office.

>Doug
>
>--
------------------------------------------------------- ___          _
Doug Smith \          / )      P.O. Box 60941 =========          Boulder City,
NV 89006-0941 _ / \     / \ _       TEL/FAX: 702-570-6108/570-6013 /  /\  \ ] /
 /\  \     Mobile:  408-858-4528
Website: http://www.dsmith.org
-

>This message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc
>discussion list. To post a message to the list, send your e-mail to
><emc-pstc@xxxxxxxx>
>All emc-pstc postings are archived and searchable on the web at:
>http://www.ieee-pses.org/emc-pstc.html
>Attachments are not permitted but the IEEE PSES Online Communities site at
>http://product-compliance.oc.ieee.org/ can be used for graphics (in well-used
>formats), large files, etc.
>Website: http://www.ieee-pses.org/
>Instructions: http://listserv.ieee.org/request/user-guide.html
>List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html
>For help, send mail to the list administrators:
>Scott Douglas <emcpstc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Mike Cantwell <mcantwell@xxxxxxxx>
>For policy questions, send mail to:
>Jim Bacher  <j.bacher@xxxxxxxx>