[SI-LIST] Simulation using Common-mode Choke

  • From: Ravinder.Ajmani@xxxxxxxx
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 17:52:23 -0800

Hi Experts,

I am running simulation on 6 Gbps interconnects to study the effect of
common-mode chokes.  I have S-parameter models for the common-mode chokes
obtained from the vendor.  The Differential Insertion Loss for these
chokes is about 1.75 dB and 3 dB at 6 GHz, and Single-ended Insertion Loss
is about 10 dB to 12 dB.  I am using Cadence PCB-SI simulator.  The
Channel Simulation doesn't run because the Impulse waveform is all messed
up.  If I perform regular time-domain simulation then the eye is
practically closed.  Without the chokes the eye height is 800 mV.

Is it possible that the high common-mode loss is affecting the simulation
results.  Is there another way to verify these components.

Thanks for the help.

Regards
Ravinder Ajmani
HGST, a Western Digital company
ravinder.ajmani@xxxxxxxx

5601 Great Oaks Pkwy.
San Jose, CA 95119-1003
www.hgst.com

-- Err : No filename to use for decode, file stripped.
-- Type: image/gif

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: