[SI-LIST] Simulating measured data in ADS

  • From: Kay Ira <vhdlguy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 15:22:45 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
Does any one have any experience using the method below to characterize an
interconnect?

1. Use an 86100C Agilent scope with one or two TDR modules to take measurements
under PLTS control.
2. Use PLTS to export a Touchstone file.

3. Use ADS transient or channel simulator to generate an eye diagram using the
imported Touchstone file.

I have gone through this path and I cannot get a reasonable correlation between
the eye diagram synthesized by the PLTS  and the one generated by the ADS
simulator. The stimulus sources in PLTS and ADS are identical in terms of
amplitude, rise time, Bit pattern and rate etc.
I have seen a number of papers where this method is used successfully except
that a VNA was used to measure the data.

Regards,
Keyvan Irani
Raytheon

List technical documents are available at: