[SI-LIST] Re: Simulating frequency dependent s-parameters in HSPICE

  • From: Ihsan Erdin <erdinih@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: krishna1abc@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 12:29:32 -0400

Krishna,
In hspice, you can directly plug in those s-parameters to your netlist as
an s-element. As there's no need for a w-element using one wouldn't be
right either. You can model the rest of the tracks with the w-element.
Below, I suspect you're referring to a totally different case which is
about assigning freq. dependent PUL parameters to the w-element from a
touchstone file. This can only be be used when the track parameters are
computed with a third party tool and completely irrelevant to what you're
trying to accomplish in this particular situation -if I understood your
case correctly, of course...

Regards,

Ihsan

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Krishna Chaitanya
<krishna1abc@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hello All,
> I am trying to analyze the impact of frequency dependent parasitics of
> Through Silicon Vias on data rate. I used Ansoft Q3D extract to obtain RLGC
> parasitics as s-parameter Touchstone file for a range of frequencies. Now I
> would like to know how can I use this file in HSPICE simulation. When I use
> w-element method in HSPICE it can take touchstone file as input but I am
> not sure whether it is the correct way to simulate any frequency dependent
> parasitics in HSPICE.
>
> Any help?
>
> Thanks,
> Krishna