[SI-LIST] Simulating frequency dependent s-parameters in HSPICE

  • From: Krishna Chaitanya <krishna1abc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 08:28:14 -0700

Hello All,
I am trying to analyze the impact of frequency dependent parasitics of
Through Silicon Vias on data rate. I used Ansoft Q3D extract to obtain RLGC
parasitics as s-parameter Touchstone file for a range of frequencies. Now I
would like to know how can I use this file in HSPICE simulation. When I use
w-element method in HSPICE it can take touchstone file as input but I am
not sure whether it is the correct way to simulate any frequency dependent
parasitics in HSPICE.

Any help?

Thanks,
Krishna