[SI-LIST] Re: Si-list: the next format ??

  • From: "alfred1520list" <alfred1520list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ray Anderson" <ray.anderson@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 16:33:50 -0800

Hi Ray,

Paying my due respect to the creator of SI-LIST.

My 2 cents...

> 1)      Do you see moving to a web-based format as a positive
> development or problematic from the user's perspective?

I probably won't be using the web-based interface; see 2)

> 2)      If the list were to move to a web-based format is it important
> to retain the option of posting messages via e-mail and receiving list
> traffic via e-mail or could that option be dispensed with?

Personally this is very important as that's the easiest way to stay in touch.
I can check for the latest using any time I have in between tasks on my
smart phone.  Most of the time I'm a reader.  Rarely I have a 2 lines
response and I can do it on the smart phone.  For longer response I
make time on the desktop.  The SI-LISt's low traffic volume is ideal
in this usage model.

> 3)      If a web-based solution needed to host a limited number of
> non-obtrusive si-related advertisements to defray operating costs do you
> see this as a major issue?

Not a problem.  I am very used to paying for the search engines with ad.

Best Regards,
Alfred Lee

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net