[SI-LIST] Re: Signal Integrity Tips blog - Puzzle Event 1 - Open the Eye

  • From: Todd Westerhoff <twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: colin_warwick@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 15:13:39 -0500

Colin,

That's a nIcely designed web site.

Do the contest terms really need to be as follows?

-----

Assignment of Ownership of Submission. By sending a submission, you
assign and agree to assign to Agilent your entire interest in the
submission and in all intellectual property rights in or disclosed in
the submission (including copyrights and patents, and you agree to
execute all documents and cooperate with Agilent in all necessary
activities to obtain or enforce intellectual property rights at
Agilent’s expense. Agilent, in its sole discretion, is free to use,
copy, modify, display, distribute, perform, or import the submission as
it sees fit without obtaining your consent or incurring any obligation
to pay you anything.

----

SiSoft is not able to submit an official entry under the current terms.
I can report that we were able to take the S-parameter data and optimize
a 4 tap FFE/peaking filter/DFE solution that provided 423mV and 130ps of
eye opening at a data rate of 6.25 Gbps (viewable at
http:/www.sisoft.com/images/contest_eye.jpg). As we can't submit an
official solution under the current contest terms, those interested in
these results should contact SiSoft directly.

Todd.

Todd Westerhoff
VP, Software Products
SiSoft
6 Clock Tower Place, Suite 250
Maynard, MA 01754
(978) 461-0449 x24
twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx
www.sisoft.com

colin_warwick@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I posted our first puzzle event at:
>
> http://signal-integrity-tips.com/2008/puzzle-event-1-open-the-eye
>
> The idea is to create an equalizer that opens up an eye for a long channel,
> described by the posted S4P file.
>
> Kudos to the one with the best eye height!
>
> -- Colin

> List technical documents are available at:
>                 http://www.si-list.net
>
> List archives are viewable at: