[SI-LIST] Signal Integrity Position @ PMC-Sierra

  • From: John Plasterer <John_Plasterer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 17:08:25 -0700

PMC-Sierra is currently need a Senior Signal Integrity engineer to join our
growing team. Your role will be to participate in the full development cycle of
leading-edge System on a Chip (SoC) products and ensure the highest standards
in signal integrity are met. This involves the analysis and design
recommendations for the overall system, including advanced mixed-signal and I/O
circuitry, IC packaging, PCB, connector and cabling technologies.

RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for the signal integrity analysis and creation of design
recommendations for  IC package and PCB systems. Topics include optimization of
high speed, and low speed signal propagation, jitter, power nets, cross-talk,
and EMI/EMC.

* Recommend changes to SI flow, through the on-going search for better
methodologies, tools, equipment, and outside capabilities.

* Create IC package, PCB, connector, cabling electrical models using 2D/3D EM
modeling, or lab measurements, which will be used for analysis in the
electrical circuit simulators and analysis tools.

* Hands on validation of waveforms (high speed, low speed, jitter, power nets,
cross-talk, EMI)  and models in our lab using high speed oscilloscope TDR, TDT,
VNA, Spectrum analyzer, phase noise analyzer measurement tools.

* Interact with our Mixed Signal designers, Packaging Development group,
Digital Design teams, Product Validation teams, Customer Application group, to
provide analysis and SI support and documentation throughout the development
cycle of our ICs.

* Mentor and oversee the work of more junior Signal Integrity engineers

* Educate design community on good Signal Integrity design practices for
boards/packages/ICs.

* Interface  with customers to provide analysis or recommendations to ensure
the success of their systems.

REQUIREMENTS

* Bachelor in Electrical Engineering with extensive industry experience; MaSc
or Phd in EE with specialization in Microwave is preferred.

* Extensive experience designing, modeling, and analyzing multi-port RF,
gigabit serial, DDR memory signals in wire-bond and flip-chip  packages.

* Extensive experience with package and PCB power delivery modeling and
analysis.

* Experience with current signal integrity and RF design software tools such as
Hspice, Spectre, Spectraquest, Allegro, APD, ADS, PakSi, HFSS (or equivalent 3D
EM fieldsolvers), Speed2000 (or other similar power network modeling tools),
and MatLab.

* Demonstrated understanding of common hardware signaling interface standards
such DDR, PCI-Express, USB-2, Gigabit Ethernet, Fibre Channel, SAS, SATA, and
understanding of hardware system designs.

* You will have extensive lab experience measuring and characterizing high
frequency signals and networks using such tools as oscilloscopes, TDR, TDT,
spectrum analyzers, phase noise analysers, spectrum analysers for use in
modeling software or for signal quality investigations.

* Superior design and problem-solving skills.

* Excellent analytical, communication and documentation skills.

* Requires working from our Burnaby, BC office

DESIRABLE SKILLS

* Experience developing, modeling, and analyzing DDR interfaces on SOC devices.
* Experience developing RF and microwave circuits.
* Cadence design tool scripting (Ocean), UNIX/LINUX experience, and Tck/TL
scripting familiarity is an asset.

        John Plasterer
        Leader, I/O Development and Signal Integrity
        PMC-Sierra
        Burnaby, BC
        (604) 415-6053x2656

List FAQ wiki page is located at: