[SI-LIST] Signal Integrity Manager Position at AMD -- Austin, TX

  • From: Jonathan Dowling <jdowlin2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 14:46:58 -0700 (PDT)

JOB OPENING:  Advanced Micro Devices
   LOCATION:  Austin, TX
   POSITION:  Signal Integrity Design Manager
      LEVEL:  10+ years experience
      TITLE:  Senior Member of Technical Staff

Take a tempestuous term at AMD chasing a sea monster of a CPU.
When you first arrive, the portly CPU will demand a few moments'
confidential business with your SI textbooks, scopes, and
simulators and deliver them such a thwack as to render them
largely impotent if not altogether inconsequential.  Thusly
disarmed, you'll have to get medieval like Arnold in Predator to
survive. You'll consider your first interview with that stout
fellow as providential. I tell you that he'll stand no nonsense.

What wonder then, we AMDers, born with silicon dreams, should
take to processor design for a livelihood!  We first installed
our CPUs into existing motherboards; grown bolder, created our
own system architecture; more experienced, championed DDR as
the standard in PC memory; and at last, have begun to participate
in the 64-bit server market. In a short while, we've put an
incessant belt of circumnavigation round the world of computer
design. This while, in all seasons and all arenas, challenging
the supremacy of the mightiest animated mass that survived the
flood, the Himalayan Megabyte Mastodon, clothed with such
portentousness of unconscious power, that its very panics
are more to be dreaded than its fearless assaults!

JOB REQUIREMENTS:
AMD is looking for a qualified candidate to manage a strong
signal integrity design group.  The group is responsible for
signal integrity design and analysis of leading edge systems
incorporating high performance microprocessors, core logic
chipsets, and state of the art interconnect technology.
The group drives the development of high performance
interconnect technologies both within AMD and in the
industry at large.

The position combines management and technical components.
Both strong leadership and signal integrity analysis/design
skills are a must.  The role involves leading the team in
the development of 2D and 3D analog models using EDA tools
and performance analysis of both signal and power delivery
systems in high speed digital systems. The role additionally
requires leadership in the development of I/O, package, and
system design.

The qualified candidate should have 10+ years of experience
in the industry combining both management and a significant
background in the field of signal integrity design and
analysis.  Your experience will include:

o Direct management responsibilities.
o 2D and 3D analog modeling using EDA tools to analyze both
  signal and power delivery systems in high speed digital
  systems including packages, system board, connectors,
  and cables.
o Participation in industry standards groups.

A strong mathematical background and analytical ability
is essential.  A BS degree in electrical engineering is
required; a MS/PhD degree is desirable.

the kind of signal integrity work you would like to do at AMD.
Be sure to copy both email addresses below.

Jonathan Dowling
AMD

jonathan.dowling@xxxxxxx
tx.recruiters@xxxxxxx