[SI-LIST] Seperate Sparameter for gnd & supply plane !!

  • From: Rajan Hansa <all.si.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 14:11:28 +0530

Guys,
I have got a request to provide sparameter for one package but this time my
analog engineer wants seperate s-parameter for gnd & supply plane. The
reason he gave is that with single sparameter for vdd & gnd plane. He can't
see gnd noise as s-parameter is generated with gnd as reference so it'll
always be seen as '0' but that problem won't come in separate s-parameters
for gnd & supply planes.

Though the tool I am using has an option to generate sparameter with
reference to some virtual point and I can use that option to generate
separate sparameters for gnd & supply but problem is that I have not still
understood if using separate s-parameter is a right way to do things and if
it's the standard practice in industry.

Experts comments please.

Rajan

List technical documents are available at: