[SI-LIST] Re: Separate GND for Analog & Digital

  • From: Zhangkun <zhang_kun@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: maheshwari@xxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:13:10 +0800

Dear Maheshwari

We have come cross the simular problem. The critial point is to prevent return
path of digital signal disturbing the analog signal.

In one of our PCB, there is too much digital noise in analog signal. We have to
repair it. How to seperate the ground seemed to be the most important problem.
One is to seperate the ground and to connect the digital ground and analog
ground at one point. The other is not to seperate the ground. In order to make
sure that the product is OK, we made two boards, seperated and not seperated.
In the test, both boards are OK.

It has nothing to do with seperating ground or not. Being care of the digital
return path is the most important. Some CAD tools could do such simulation.

I hope this will help.

Best Regards

Zhangkun
2004.2.20