[SI-LIST] Re: Selection of Minimum Coupled Length in Cadence SPECCTRAQuest

  • From: Ravinder.Ajmani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 09:37:56 -0800

Aubrey,
I am trying to get a realistic estimate of the crosstalk on the databus,
and my preliminary target is to limit the crosstalk to under 100 mV.  When
I change the Minimum Coupling Length from 200 mils to 50 mils, the
reported crosstalk amplitude increases from 50 mV to 200 mV.  This is the
total crosstalk from all neighbors.

Regards, Ravinder
Server PCB Development
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies

Email: Ravinder.Ajmani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<Aubrey_Sparkman@xxxxxxxx>
12/29/2005 09:18 AM

<Ravinder.Ajmani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [SI-LIST] Selection of Minimum Coupled Length in Cadence SPECCTRAQuest

Ravinder,
The Minimum Coupling Length isn't the only setting you can change that
will affect the reported crosstalk.  What is your goal?

Aubrey Sparkman
Enterprise Engineering Signal Integrity Team
Dell, Inc.
Aubrey_Sparkman@xxxxxxxx
(512) 723-3592