[SI-LIST] Re: Sanmina patent on dielectric thicknesses under 4 mi ls

  • From: Ritchey Lee <leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: RKhederian@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 17:42:20 -0800

There are a total of

5,010,641 Sisler etal 4/30/91

5,079,069 Howard etal 1/7/92

5,261,153 Lucas etal 11/16/93

5,155,655 Howard etal 10/13/92

5,161,086 Howard etal 11/3/92

Between them, they patent all of the ways to make multilayer PCBs, capacitance
that results from placing planes in parallel and the 2 mil spacing that
Zycon/Hadco sells.

It is not legal to pattent prior art.  All of the things covered in these
patents existed as prior art for a long time before these patents were
granted.

The patent search process failed us on these.

Lee

List archives are viewable at: