[SI-LIST] SSTL2 classI without RS and RT on short length

  • From: Bernard Esteban <esteban.bernard@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 15:00:35 +0200

Hi,

I'm currently designing a board with fpga(U1) and a chip(U2) where IO
are in levels SSTL2. Both chip are BGA 1mm and 0.8mm.
8 IO one-way U1 to U2, and 8 one-way U2 to U1.
So 16 lines point to point. Clock frequency is 250MHz in single data rate.
The two chips are very close, less than 1/2 inch.
I made schematics with Rs and Rt, but they takes a lot of place, even is
I use fpga integrated Rs.
I think this could be possible to connect these 2 chips without RS and
RT, but I dont have a simulator for my PCB router, and so, to validate
this solution.
I found some papers and discussions were RT is not used, other paper
were RS is not used.

Did you try this idea or did you think this idea can works with good
reliability ??

Regards,

Bernard

--
Bernard Esteban
Electronic Design Engineer
MAF Agrobotic
546 rue Gustave Jay
BP112
82001 Montauban Cedex
France
Tel +33(0)563632770
Fax +33(0)563203459
Fax alternate +33(0)563630785
Email: esteban.bernard@xxxxxxxxxx
Email alternate: maf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
site web: http://www.maf-roda.com
======================================
This message contains information, which maybe confidential and privileged.
Unless you are the addressee (or authorize to receive for the addressee) , you
may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information
contained in the message. If you have received the message in error, please
advise the sender by reply to bernard.esteban.maf@xxxxxxxxxx and delete the
message.
Thanks.

List FAQ wiki page is located at: