[SI-LIST] Re: SSO pushout

  • From: "Abhijit Mahajan" <amahajan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ha324005@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 12:53:19 -0700

Hi Himanshu,

What I was trying to say yesterday is that the capacitive crosstalk
resulting
from adjacent lines switching in opposite direction to the victim, will
rend to
slow down the rise time of the signal on the victim line.  Whether this
is even a
factor that can explain SSO pushout, I am not sure.

I had seen some good slides presented by someone from Synopsys explaining

this issue for on chip interconnects.(which are mainly RC).  This is
sometimes
dealt with by inverting polarity of victim signal somewhere in the middle
of the
trace.  (I cannot clearly remember this).

In case of differential signals, it is best to look at the pair of lines
together.  Thus
mutual capacitance and inductance all manifests in diffrential
impedance.  The term
odd mode and differential impedace has been dealt with earlier in a
seperate thread.

Abhijit.

List archives are viewable at: